Rich experience of over 20 years in Animation, Design and Storytelling, Shaaz has been an explorer in methods and mediums of visual narratives. As the Founding Director of Mud n Water – a Communication Design Studio, he has produced Animations, Urban Art, Space Design, Ad Films, Short films, Documentaries and Performance Art.
Passionate about academics, he brings on the table a unique blend of industry knowledge and academic expertise, committed to creating an invigorating and energizing learning environment. He focuses on expanding the horizons for the learner, constantly steering them towards achieving greater heights.
An alumna of the National Institute of Design (Ahmedabad) with specialisation in Animation Film Design, he has been associated with various eminent institutions and organisations including FICCI, NID Ahmedabad, Sesame Street, IIT Mumbai, SRFTII in furthering the Indian Animation ethos. He recently presented his work in an Innovative new stream called ‘Expanded Animation’ at the Pune Design Festival 2020.
Shaaz is constantly driven by original ideas and has a natural flair for ‘out of the box’ visualization. He believes since every narrative is unique on its own, its representation in the retelling has to be that unique & true to its essence. It is this approach that has won him
multiple accolades both nationally and internationally including Promax Gold (Singapore), MIFF 2016, Toonz Flying Elephant and MSIFF. He approaches the classroom with the same spirit of innovation and originality, lending the course a cutting edge.
- Form and structure in Image Making
- Unlocking Innovation in Moving Images
- Expanded Animation
- New Media
- Language and Material
Presentations and Workshop
- Expanded Animation and Animation Innovation a presentation at Pune Design Festival,
- Material Animation and Moving Images Presentation and Workshop at NID Ahmedabad
- Stop Motion workshop for the Red Balloon foundation Exploring Emotional Awareness
- Animating in Style – FICCI Frames Mumbai 2017
Animation and Performance
Animation and Performance of a Puppet show ‘When land becomes Water’ Directed by
Dadi Pudumjee at the:
- @ 18 th Ishara International Puppet Festival, New Delhi 2020
- @ BRICS Sergie Obraztsov International Puppet Theatre Festival, Moscow 2019
- @ 50 th Anniversary of NCPA, Mumbai, 2019
- Animation of Six Madhubani paintings for the LOKA Foundation, 2019
- Installation ‘ People’s Music’ Serendipity Arts Trust, Goa 2018
- Expanded Animation for Bhikaji Cama Place, Metro Station, New Delhi 2018