With over twenty years of experience, Tanya’s work spans across Alternate Construction, Crafts Initiative, Digital Content, Exhibition Design, Heritage Conservation, Product Design, and others. A strong advocator of hands-on learning, it is no surprise that Construction, Design, Graphics and Materials are her main subjects.
She has received accolades for her works such as the Louis I Kahn Trophy for the analytical study of the Kopeshwar Temple in Khidrapur and the Lutyens Trust Study Visit Scholarship to the UK with support from CWIT and NT.
She continues to enrich her learning with courses on Art Appreciation, Indian Art History, Natural Building, Repair of Old Buildings, Environment and Sustainable Development, etc.
In 2019, her paper art installation was part of a group show ‘The Mother’s Studio’ showcased in collaboration with Raqs Media Collective at Max Mueller Bhawan, New Delhi.
As the founder of The Barsaati, she is setting up a community of like-minded people for knowledge and skill sharing workshops.
- Practical understanding of materials and construction.
- Technical design drawings.
- Crafts as a living art.
- .Living naturally.
- Transcribed Didi Contractor’s interview for Joginder Singh’s book An Adobe Revival.
- Dastkar project showcased in HUDCO Design Awards book.
- ‘Lutyens And I’ published in Lutyens Trust Newsletter.
- ‘Miracle Minarets’ published in The SPAB Magazine.
- ‘Work + Party = Working Party’ published in The SPAB Magazine.
- ‘Vernacular Architecture’ published in ITRHD Explore Rural India.
Talks and Presentations
- Lecture on ‘Philosophy Of Material – From Lutyens’ Viewpoint’ at INTACH Heritage Academy.
- Lecture on ‘Introduction To 20th Century Architectural Heritage’ at INTACH Heritage