A firm believer in the potential of Design and Creativity education, Prachi is a designer, educator and researcher. Her 20+ years of industry experience spans across product design, social design, publication design as well as the business process of design. An Accessory Design graduate from National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi, she is also armed with a PG certification in higher education from Kinston University, London.
Her experience as a product designer spreads across a diverse range of lifestyle products where she has been commissioned to institutionalise design as a business strategy in various industry set-ups. She has used her design and entrepreneurial expertise to conceive, structure & implement sustainable business models with artisan groups. Walking the thin line between art and design, she worked with artisans from across the country to re-contextualise a range of heritage crafts to create several wall installations for the head office of the Ministry of External Affairs, at Janpath, New Delhi.
Driven by the urge to find ways to help others with their journey of learning, she is deeply involved in active research on strategies for active learning and experiential learning practices. In collaboration with pedagogy experts she is also researching and developing ways of leveraging design to propel meaningful learning amongst learners in primary schools.
• Design Methodology
• Critical and Creative Thinking
• Research and Context in Design
• Experiential Learning practices for design education
• Strategies to promote reflective practice for continuous learning & development
• Assessment & Feedback strategies for constructivist classrooms
• Visual Design for meaningful learning
• “Designed to Propel : Using Visual Design to Promote Meaningful Learning in Constructivist Classrooms in K-5 Schools” (with Vishnu Kant) presented at: Designing for Children –
With focus on ‘Play + Learn, 2019 conference by IDC, Mumbai.
• “Think Lab : An Initiative to Foster Creative and Critical Thinking amongst First Year Design Students” presented at: 8th International Conference on Research into Design-
ICoRD’2021 Published by Springer. Awarded “One of the Most Distinguished Papers”.